Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ramblings...

As I scrambled to finish putting Belgian Laces together this time, I have found myself wandering lots of wonderful places that I can add to this blog but that I would also like to add to a specifically TBR blog... That would be nice but I think I am really scattering myself way too much already.

I am torn between talking about the year my parents were married: 1958 and the terrible weather Liege and all of Belgium is having to deal with this year...

I saw some terrible reports on the news that make me worry about my friends and I hope they're ok.

I was translating an article about floodings that occurred in the Middle Ages and at one point there was such terrible destruction that they didn't even rebuild. They left...

No tsunamis in Belgium but the way the rain has come down lately, the flash floods that come of the storms have created waves of mud streaming down the streets, getting into everything... It's awful to see... In one month Liege has had 3 episodes...
And it's been all over Belgium, there has not been any real safe place to speak of.

Right now the big concern is the water supply that is no longer safe to drink because of the storms, and then this morning I read that water is once again ok to drink in Wallonia, so I am beginning to relax a little.

Goes to show that what Mother Nature wants, Mother Nature gets... nothing stands in her way...

The only difference has been that through coordinated effort they have been able to minimize the problems although in one situation their safe plans failed because the water cut the rescuers off from everything...

The US have not been spared either and the economy is bound to feel it in times that are already hard enough on everyone.

No comments: