Friday, June 13, 2008

Stella Artois replacing Bud?

Boy oh boy, have you been following the news of InBev’s unsolicited bid to buy Anheuser-Busch?
I had heard in passing that they had bought the Clydesdales to advertise their beer (Leffe), and thought it was cool but many people obviously think it’s awful.

Then I heard of the bid and mentioned it to my husband and for whatever reason he must have thought I was telling him he should buy some stock so he did… So now I own some BUD stock! Still not sure what it means or whether it’s a good thing to let InBev buy or not but it’s certainly exciting to me to see that a Belgian company is causing such havoc in this country.

InBev sells Leffe beer as mentioned before but since I’m no beer drinker, it means very little to me. Now Stella Artois on the other hand I recognize more easily. Not that I ever had any either but the name is more familiar. After all it is Belgium's #1 beer!
The glasses these beer are poured in are what always fascinated me, and the places where they were made.

When I was young, my father took us on week-end outings in the Ardennes and we would usually stop to have an omelette and he would order beer.
I wonder where this will all go… today the stock is down but it’s up from when we bought it… Something to keep an eye on… Isn’t life interesting!?

No comments: