Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Guillemins Train Station – Part 2

One of my nephews came to visit my sister for a month and he thoughtfully remembered to bring some Chachas for his American cousins.
There never are enough to go around and I always go looking for more… in vain…
Yet in my cyber wanderings I explored the newspapers hoping to find something like a store ad. Instead I came across this very interesting video that explains more about why they are making the changes to the Guillemins Train station: it’s in the way of the tracks between Germany and Brussels.
A video shows the workers getting ready to demolish the rest of the building. They anticipate it will take a month to tear down the building and remove the rubble so they can move on with the work.
It is an era coming to an end… really… but this video helps me get a better idea what all has been removed. It looks like the whole neighborhood has been removed.
Wow…
This dates back to August 30, 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0SlySPS518
or
http://www.sudpresse.be/import/guillemins/

No comments: